By Jon Skeet
If you are a .NET developer, you will use C# even if you are construction a sophisticated firm program or simply slamming out a short app. In C# five you are able to do impressive issues with generics, lambda expressions, dynamic typing, LINQ, iterator blocks, and different positive factors. yet first you'll want to study it intensive. C# intensive, 3rd variation has been completely revised to hide the hot beneficial properties of C# five, together with the subtleties of writing maintainable asynchronous code. you will see the facility of C# in motion, studying how one can paintings with high-value gains that you will be blissful to have on your toolkit. and you may discover ways to stay away from hidden pitfalls of C# programming with assistance from crystal transparent reasons of "behind the scenes" matters. This publication assumes you have digested your first C# publication and are hungry for extra!
Read or Download C# in Depth, 3rd Edition PDF
Best c# books
* home windows Workflow origin (Windows WF) permits builders to construct process-driven and workflow-centric functions * starts with an creation to home windows WF, explains why it used to be constructed via Microsoft, after which is going directly to research how builders will use it in real-world eventualities * Discusses workflow improvement in visible Studio, find out how to expand the framework with customized code, and the way the framework performs into different Microsoft applied sciences (such as place of work and SharePoint) * encompasses a case learn according to a fictitious enterprise challenge that illustrates particular software program layout matters and themes coated within the booklet * Addresses home windows WF elements, extensibility, workflow webhosting, runtime prone, debugging workflows, and the way home windows WF works with internet providers, ASP.
Each one step during this booklet is displayed with callouts that will help you see precisely the place the motion occurs at the display. This e-book covers over a hundred initiatives, together with utilizing attributes, operators, and periods; documenting code with XML, utilizing arrays, development types, programming net providers, utilizing home windows designers and macros, troubleshooting, and enhancing.
The fundamental operational layout of a working laptop or computer process is termed its structure. John von Neumann, a pioneer in computing device layout, is credited with the structure of such a lot pcs in use this present day. a standard von Neumann method has 3 significant parts: the significant processing unit (CPU), or microprocessor actual reminiscence and input/output(I/O).
Seasoned WCF four. zero: useful Microsoft SOA Implementation is an entire advisor to home windows communique beginning from the service-oriented structure (SOA) point of view, displaying you why WCF is necessary to service-oriented structure and improvement. This booklet offers deep perception into the performance of WCF, which shipped with .
- Expert C# 5.0: with .NET 4.5 Framework
- The C# Player's Guide
- LINQ for Visual C# 2005
- Illustrated WPF (Expert's Voice in .Net)
- Reactive Web Applications
- Effective C# : 50 specific ways to improve your C#
Additional info for C# in Depth, 3rd Edition
The print variable initialization uses another new C# 2 feature called method group conversions that makes it easier to create delegates from existing methods. 3 In particular, the technique of separating the two concerns like this makes it very easy to change the condition you’re testing for and the action you take on each of the matches independently. The delegate variables involved (test and print) could be passed into a method, and that same method could end up testing radically different conditions and taking radically different actions.
In the first two chapters, we’ll look both forward and back. One of the key themes of the book is evolution. Before introducing any feature into the language, the C# design team carefully considers that feature in the context of what’s already present and the general goals for the future. This brings a feeling of consistency to the language even in the midst of change. To understand how and why the language is evolving, you need to see where it’s come from and where it’s going. info Chapter 1 presents a bird’s-eye view of the rest of the book, taking a brief look at some of the biggest features of C# beyond version 1.
IDisposable, which contains a method called Dispose. These are required in order to define the using statement. Likewise, the platform needs to be able to support (in one form or another) both value types and reference types, along with garbage collection. In theory, any platform that supports the required features could have a C# compiler targeting it. For example, a C# compiler could legitimately produce output in a form other than the Intermediate Language (IL), which is the typical output at the time of this writing.