By C. Rajshekhar (auth.), K. Venkataraman, C. Sivaperuman, C. Raghunathan (eds.)
This ebook presents insights into a number of facets of marine faunal groups in India, that are tremendous different because of the geomorphologic and climatic adaptations alongside the Indian coasts. including 30 chapters via specialists of their respective fields, it truly is divided into parts:
· half I: Tropical Marine Faunal Communities
· half II: Ecology and Conservation
Part I highlights the range and distribution of Foraminifera; sponges linked to seagrass; Polychaeta; Opisthobranchia; oysters; copepods; horseshoe and brachyuran crabs; echinoderms; ascidians; fishes; fish parasites; and sea mammals. issues of half II contain the prestige and environmental parameters of benthos; the prestige of coral reefs; the invasion of snowflake coral; the restoration of bleached corals; the socioeconomics and administration of dugong; marine biodiversity conservation and administration in India; the review of the marine fauna of the Indian natural world defense Act; and marine biodiversity secure components in India.
This booklet will function a worthwhile reference paintings for marine scientists, in addition to for environmental managers and coverage makers.
Read Online or Download Ecology and Conservation of Tropical Marine Faunal Communities PDF
Similar ecology books
RECT 206 edited through David Whitacre. - ahead. - Preface. - Physiological diversifications of under pressure Fish to Polluted Environments: function of warmth surprise Proteins by means of Ekambaram Padmini. - Phytoremediation: A Noble method for usage of Iron-Ore Wastes by way of Monalisa Mohanty, Nabin Kumar Dhal, Parikshita Patra, Biswesar Das and Palli Sita Rama Reddy.
Paralanguage and kinesics outline the tripartite nature of speech. quantity II builds on Poyatos' e-book Paralanguage (1993)--reviewed by way of Mary Key as "the such a lot amplified description of paralanguage on hand today". It covers our easy voice parts; the numerous common or irregular voice kinds; the communicative makes use of of physiological and emotional reactions like laughter, crying, sighing, coughing, sneezing, and so forth.
The foreign organic Programme (IBP) used to be a cooperative attempt at the a part of scientists in the course of the global, whose aim used to be an built-in research of the fundamental strategies of organic productiveness. The problem of assembly the expanding nutrition wishes of a becoming inhabitants calls for optimal productiveness from ordinary and controlled ecosystems, which has no longer hitherto looked to be appropriate with the upkeep of environmental caliber.
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy: A practical guide, 2nd Edition (Pocket Guides for Gynaecologists)
- Landscape Ecology: A Top Down Approach (Landscape Ecology Series (Boca Raton, Fla.).)
- The Invention of the Countryside: Hunting, Walking and Ecology in English Literature, 1671–1831
- Green Separations Process
- Advances in Microbial Ecology
- Industry Self-Regulation and Voluntary Environmental Compliance
Extra info for Ecology and Conservation of Tropical Marine Faunal Communities
102. 103. 104. 105. 106. 107. 108. 109. 110. 111. 112. 113. 114. 115. 116. 117. 118. 119. 120. Heronallenia wilsoni Entzia tetrastomella Spiroloculina sp3. Karreriella baccata Cibicides peudoungerianus Articulina carinata Calcarina sp4. Nodosaria sp1. Spiroloculina sp4. Spiroloculina sp5. Ordorsalis umbonatus Discorbinella sp1. Miliammina sp1. Truncatullina margaritifera Unknown 3 Quinqueloculina agglutinans Ammobaculites sp1. Elphidium clavatum Spiriloculina henbesti Bolivina limbata Robulus macrodiscus Asterigerina carinata Asterigerina sp1.
The presence of crabs and prawns was noted in the area before taking the seagrass and seaweed samples. The crabs observed in the area were collected using small traps. The samples were collected, sorted in the laboratory, put into groups, and preserved in formaldehyde. Samples were identified later to species level using standard references. /m2. 4 Statistical Analysis Statistical analyses for 3-way ANOVA, standard deviations, and correlations were calculated using SPSS 11 for testing the presence of significant differences among the parameters between stations and seasons.
M. Mohan et al. Peneroplis sp1. 40x Heterostegina depressa 40x Gyroidina sp1. 40x Gyroidina danvillensis 40x Triloculina sp2. 60x Calcarina sp1. 60x Discorbis vesicularis 60x Loxostomum limbatum 40x Robulus stephensoni 40x Spiroloculina robusta 20x Staffella expansa 40x Neoconorbina crustata 40x Deckerellina sp1. 40x Brizalina striatula 20x Misellina ovalis 40x Fig. 4 Benthic foraminifera The planktonic species Globigerinoides ruber, G. sacculifer, and Orbulina universa normally presents in the warm waters (Rao 1972).