By W. Kaufmann, G. Wamback (auth.), Prof. Dr. W. Kaufmann, Prof. Dr. G. Wambach (eds.)
Beginning with the morphology of the myoendocrine phone and the biochemistry and body structure of cardiac hor mones, the booklet describes pathophysiological findings and speak about their medical relevance in congestive center failure, arterial high blood pressure, renal insufficiency, and cirrhosis of the liver. in addition, facts is gifted for the position of the center as a goal organ for varied endocrine components equivalent to thyroid hormones, catecholamines, renin-angiotensin, development hormones and endogenous opioids.
Read Online or Download Endocrinology of the Heart PDF
Best endocrinology books
Our realizing of the molecular genetics of immunoglobulins has been significantly complicated via the applying of recombinant DNA know-how. This new quantity within the well known sequence New accomplished Biochemistry includes 8 chapters that draw jointly reports summarising the study into immunoglobulins and the association, rearrangement and expression in their gene constitution.
Bone and the immune process are either complicated tissues, which, respectively, keep watch over the skeleton and the body's responses to invading pathogens. severe interactions among those organ structures usually occur, particularly in the advance of immune cells within the bone marrow and for the functionality of bone cells in healthiness and ailment.
- Genetic Disorders of Endocrine Neoplasia (Frontiers of Hormone Research)
- Lifestyle Medicine: A Manual for Clinical Practice
- Sourcebook of Models for Biomedical Research
- Hypertension and Stroke: Pathophysiology and Management
- Endocrine Replacement Therapy in Clinical Practice (Contemporary Endocrinology)
Additional info for Endocrinology of the Heart
171. 172. 173. W. G. Forssmann et at. dovski T, Deschodt-Lanckman M (1988) Hydrolysis of alpha-human atrial natriuretic peptide in vitro by human kidney membranes and purified endoprotease-24-11. Biochem J 254:531-537 Weidmann P, Saxenhofer H, Ferrier C, Shaw SG (1988) Atrial natriuretic peptide in man. In: Forssmann WG, Scheuermann DW, Alt J (eds) Functional morphology of the endocrine heart. Steinkopff, Darmstadt, pp 161-186 Vlasuk GP, Miller J, Bencen GH, Lewicki JA (1986) Structure and analysis of the bovine atrial natriuretic peptide precursor gene.
75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80. 81. W. G. Forssmann et al. sequence of the gene encoding human atrial natriuretic factor precursor. Nature 312: 656-658 Hamid Q, Wharton J, Terenghi G, Hassall CJS, Aimi J, Taylor KM, Nakazato H, Dixon JE, Burnstock G, Polak JM (1987) Localization of atrial natriuretic peptide mRNA and immunoreactivity in the rat heart and human atrial appendage. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 84:6760-6764 Harveii G (1625) De motu cordis et sanguinis en animalibus. Anatomica exercitatio. Lugduni Batavorum.
Science 226: 1206-1209 144. Seidman CE, Bloch KD, Zisfein J, Smith JA, Haber E, Homcy C, Duby AD, Choi E, Graham RM, Seidman JG (1985) Molecular studies of the atrial natriuretic factor gene. Hypertension 7 [SupplI]:31-34 145. Shields PP, Glembotski CC (1988) The post-translational processing of rat pro-atrial natriuretic factor by primary atrial myocyte cultures. J BioI Chern 263:8091-8098 146. Skofitsch G, Jacobowitz DM, Eskay RL, Zamir N (1985) Distribution of atrial natriureticfactor-like immunoreactive neurons in the rat brain.