By Valerii (Vartan) Ter-Mikirtychev
This publication covers the elemental facets of fiber lasers and fiber amplifiers, and contains a wide selection of fabric from laser physics basics to state of the art subject matters, in addition to business purposes within the speedily growing to be box of quantum electronics. Emphasis is put on the nonlinear methods happening in fiber lasers and amplifiers, their similarities, variations to, and their merits over different solid-state lasers. The reader will study easy ideas of solid-state physics and optical spectroscopy of laser lively facilities in fibers, major operational laser regimes, and useful options and recommendations on fiber laser learn, laser purposes, and laser product improvement. The e-book might be important for college students, researchers, and pros who paintings with lasers, within the optical communications, chemical and organic industries.
Read Online or Download Fundamentals of Fiber Lasers and Fiber Amplifiers PDF
Similar microwaves books
Quadrature hybrids are passive circuit parts which are utilized in quite a lot of RF and microwave purposes, and this state of the art booklet is the 1st source to supply engineers with a fantastic realizing in their features and layout. The ebook is helping pros use lumped point quadrature hybrids to accomplish super broad bandwidth operation.
This distinctive booklet begins with a quick old assessment of the improvement of the theories of colour imaginative and prescient and functions of commercial colour physics. the 3 dominant elements generating colour - mild resource, colour pattern, and observer - are defined intimately. The standardized colour areas are proven and comparable colour values are utilized to attribute colour features of absorption in addition to of influence colorants.
This up to date and enlarged re-creation of Semiconductor Optics presents an creation to and an outline of semiconductor optics from the IR throughout the noticeable to the UV, together with linear and nonlinear optical homes, dynamics, magneto and electrooptics, high-excitation results and laser tactics, a few functions, experimental concepts and team conception.
This e-book provides tools for the layout of the most microwave lively units. the 1st bankruptcy makes a speciality of amplifiers operating within the linear mode. The authors current the issues surrounding narrowband and wideband impedance matching, balance, polarization and the noise issue, in addition to particular topologies akin to the dispensed amplifier and the differential amplifier.
- Optical Switching
- Wireless Mesh Networks: Architectures and Protocols
- Advanced Materials and Technologies for Micro Nano-Devices, Sensors and Actuators (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series B: Physics and Biophysics)
- Intermodulation distortion in microwave and wireless circuits
- Analog Design Essentials (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- Corrugated horns for microwave antennas
Additional resources for Fundamentals of Fiber Lasers and Fiber Amplifiers
22               most rare earth ions [13, 14]. Detailed treatments of the theory for the case of rare earth ions, including its successes and limitations, are available elsewhere [12, 15]. On a practical note, for fiber laser development in which Yb3+ glass plays a central role, it is practically impossible to perform a calculation of the Judd-Ofelt parameters and therefore calculate cross-section values using Judd-Ofelt theory because there is only a 2 F5=2 !
However, because of the low ratio of core to clad diameter, the effective absorption of the pump light is reduced from the core absorption coefficient to the value: aclad ¼ acore Score Sclad ð2:27Þ where Score and Sclad are cross-section areas of the core and cladding, respectively. 005. 55 dB/m, which in turn requires an increase of the fiber length by a factor of 200. One of the well-known techniques that is used to increase absorption of laseractive ions and enhance efficiency of rare-earth ion excitation is co-doping the laser active ion with another ion, using a more suitable pumping spectral location, a high doping concentration, and an efficient pumping excitation transfer to the lasing ion.
5. Typically, the difference between core and cladding is less than 1 %. The core of a fiber is usually doped with laser-active ions. The most widely used laser active ions for fiber laser applications are rare earth ions such as erbium, neodymium, ytterbium, and thulium. Each of the ions has its own absorption bands, from which one can obtain optical gain; in turn, this creates the condition for optical amplification and oscillation. More detailed information on spectroscopic characteristics of the main laser active ions in fibers are given in a later chapter.