Thermochemical waste treatment: combustion, gasification, by Elena Cristina Rada

By Elena Cristina Rada

This name features a variety of Open entry chapters.

Increasing cognizance is being paid to the valorization of sturdy wastes―converting them into strength or different beneficial items. This e-book describes contemporary learn into methodologies and applied sciences for coping with a number of varieties of stable waste, whereas even as producing strength and profit with much less impression at the atmosphere. subject matters contain combustion, gasification, pyrolysis, and hydrothermal carbonization. The transition from a fossil fuel-based economic system to a extra sustainable economic system would require a superior beginning of ongoing clinical study. The editor of this compendium, a well-respected researcher within the box, has chosen reviews that aid to construct that starting place.

Show description

Read or Download Thermochemical waste treatment: combustion, gasification, and other methodologies PDF

Best waste management books

Handbook of Hazardous Chemical Properties

This quantity offers large well-being (toxicological) and safeguard dealing with details and information on over 1,000 chemical compounds of industrial and business value. This quantity will offer wide overall healthiness (toxicological) and safe-handling details and information on greater than a thousand chemical compounds of business and business significance.

Physicochemical Treatment of Hazardous Wastes

This e-book examines the treatability of dangerous wastes by way of various physicochemical therapy tactics in accordance with the Quantitative constitution and job dating (QSAR) among kinetic cost constants and molecular descriptors. the writer explores easy methods to use those types to pick remedy techniques in accordance with the molecular constitution of natural toxins.

Challenges for Human Security Engineering

Ever due to the fact that mankind first seemed in the world, humans have faced quite a few threats attributable to worldwide environmental adjustments and catastrophic common failures. lately, there was an enormous necessity to aim the complementary co-evolution between applied sciences, city administration, and coverage layout through placing higher emphasis on neighborhood orientation whereas absolutely using educational traditions of civil engineering, structure, environmental engineering and catastrophe prevention examine.

Additional resources for Thermochemical waste treatment: combustion, gasification, and other methodologies

Example text

6. 7. , Ramis G. and Berti F. (1998). Chemical and mechanistic aspects of the selective catalytic reduction of NOx by ammonia over oxide catalysts: A review, Appl. , 18, 1-36. , Fullana A. and Font R. (2005). Dioxine production during the thermal treatment of meat and bone meal residues, Chemosphere, 59, 85-90. , Sharrock P. (2005). ", Journal of Hazardous Materials, B121, 141-148. , Bos A. and Den Uil H. (1996). Kinetics of reaction with calcium and sodium sorbents for IGCC fuel gas cleaning, chem.

This could be because of an underestimation of the Cl and an overestimation of the ashes from the mixture of MBM and sewage sludges coming from the high heterogeneity of these wastes. Figure 2 shows that the initial sulphur of the fuel distributes on one hand in the slag and bottom ashes (21 %) and on the other hand in the filtered dust stack gas (79 %). For one ton of fuel, the studied plant generates 285 kg of slag and bottom ashes, which are valorisable as road fill, and 40 kg of filtered dust containing the Na2SO4 and NaCl from the air cleaning Comparative Study of Flue Gas Dry Desulphurization and SCR Systems 11 process which are not valorised.

Fuel 88: 955-958. 14. Lin YM, Zhou SQ, Shih SI, Lin SL, Wang LC, et al. (2011) Fate of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans during the thermal treatment of electric arc furnace fly ash. Aerosol and Air Quality Research 11: 584-595. 15. Katou K, Asou T, Kurauchi Y, Sameshima R (2001) Melting municipal solid waste incineration residue by plasma melting furnace with a graphite electrode. Thin Solid Films 386: 183-188. 16. Liu HQ, Wei GX, Liang Y, Dong FY (2011) Glass-ceramics made from arc-melting slag of waste incineration fly ash.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.85 of 5 – based on 35 votes

Related posts